Incidents of bullying are uncommon at NUAST. The academy takes bullying seriously and will work with parents and students to resolve any concerns around bullying.
Bullying can take a number of forms:
- Physical bullying involves hitting, shoving, pushing, tripping, and other kinds of force.
- Verbal bullying involves hurtful comments, name-calling, teasing.
- Social bullying involves using relationships to hurt someone. ...
- Cyberbullying happens over phones or through social media and the internet.
We would ask that concerns are raised as quickly as possible with the Head of Year or Form Tutor as soon as you suspect bullying. Students can speak to any member of staff to report concerns.
The links below will take you to external websites that offer support to both students and parents who are concerned about bullying.
- NUAST open as normal from Monday 5th March
The academy is fully open to all students. (Whole School - 03/03/2018)
- School Closure - Adverse Weather Friday 2nd and Saturday 3rd March
The school site is closed to students and staff due to the adverse weather conditions. (Whole School - 01/03/2018)
- Year 12 Parents Evening Moved
Parents evening for year 12 will now be held on Thursday 15th March (Whole School - 01/03/2018)
- Reminder- Year 12 Parents Evening and UCAS presentation Thursday 1st March
Please visit us and discuss your child's progress plus see a UCAS presentation (Year 12 - 26/02/2018)
- Year 10 Parents Evening 8th March – Time Amendment
Year 10 Parents Evening 8th March – Time Amendment (Whole School - 26/02/2018)