Incidents of bullying are uncommon at NUAST. The academy takes bullying seriously and will work with parents and students to resolve any concerns around bullying.
Bullying can take a number of forms:
- Physical bullying involves hitting, shoving, pushing, tripping, and other kinds of force.
- Verbal bullying involves hurtful comments, name-calling, teasing.
- Social bullying involves using relationships to hurt someone. ...
- Cyberbullying happens over phones or through social media and the internet.
We would ask that concerns are raised as quickly as possible with the Head of Year or Form Tutor as soon as you suspect bullying. Students can speak to any member of staff to report concerns.
The links below will take you to external websites that offer support to both students and parents who are concerned about bullying.
- Year 13 Parents Evening: Thursday 8th February 4:30- 7pm
Please visit us and discuss your child's progress (Year 13 - 25/01/2018)
- Year 12 China Parents meeting: Wednesday 31st Jan 6pm
A presentation to inform interested parents and students about our proposed trip to China (Year 12 - 25/01/2018)
- Year 12 Mock exams
Begin the week of 29th January (Year 13 - 24/01/2018)
- NUAST is open to all students today - Monday 11/12/17
All year groups should attend as normal today. (Whole School - 11/12/2017)
- Inclement Weather
Winter weather closure procedure (Whole School - 09/12/2017)