Our sixth form
At NUAST Post-16 we aim to provide a focused, professional and high achieving environment in which young people can develop and flourish. Our students wear Business dress for college, just as they would for work and they go about their studies with pride in their professional appearance and conduct. As a result, our Post-16 students are a credit to us and are learning how to instinctively behave in a professional, high performance environment.
Our ethos is very much about opportunity; students are offered a variety of schemes, challenges, opportunities and enrichment activities throughout the year. Our students manage their own time in between lessons and develop the maturity to understand themselves and how many extra-curricular commitments they can make. Our students learn to seize opportunities, work on competitions and challenges that are unrelated to exams and to manage their time effectively.
Year 12 Tutor Team
- 12.1 Mr Colombo
- 12.2 Mr O' Hare
- 12.3 Mrs Barnett
- 12.4 Mr Ward
Mentor time is between 8.30-8.45 and is an opportunity for our students to network with each other, have 1-1 mentoring with their tutor and to learn essential working skills. The mentor programme is as follows:
- Monday- Opportunity of the week- students are presented with a weekly 'opportunity'. This could be a competition, a scheme, a university course, a taster course, an online learning opportunity an apprenticeship or many others..
- Tuesday- Year Briefing with Head of Year, Mr Edwards
- Wednesday- Professional Skills- students have a weekly lesson in Mentor time on the professional skills they need for the workplace, such as how to give a winning handshake, how to read and project good body language, and how to lead a group of colleagues. At the end of each session students have a 'practice week' in which they are challenged to implement the skill they have been taught and reflect upon it in the following week's session.
- Thursday- mentoring- students are given one to one mentoring appointments while discussing a science or technology story of the week.
- Friday- Futures Friday, exploring potential careers in STEM.
- Year 12 China Trip
- End of Term and Exam Arrangements
- Y12 University Campus Visit 13/1/15
- News Letter
- 24/11/17 INSET Day
Year 12 News
- ATOS Visit NUAST
Year 12 and 13 students meet major technology company (20/03/2017)
- Year 12 reports out this week
Final written reports given to students (05/07/2016)
- Year 12 Exam warm ups
List of warm up sessions for exams is included below (13/05/2016)
- Year 12 Reports out today
(Friday 29th April) (29/04/2016)
- Working with WAMS
Widening Access to Medical School gave a talk to year 12 students on Tuesday (24/03/2016)